Sub Surface South East Limited, part of the Sub Surface group of companies (established since 1972), specialises in geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation and consultancy.
With our increasing workload we currently have a vacancy for a Contracts Manager, which for the right person will quickly lead to Profit Sharing. The position will be based in our High Wycombe office. The position would suit a self-motivated, ambitious, dynamic, commercially aware person with the drive to take the company forward from its current healthy position. Ideally the person would have the following:-
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology, Environmental Science or related subjects.
- Have Chartered status or be close to Chartered status.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the management of ground investigation contracts including: liaison with clients, design of investigations, tendering, organisation of sub contractors, drilling crews, plant, machinery, equipment etc., contract documentation and final bill measurement.
- Fully conversant with BS5930/Eurocode 7 and current Environmental requirements for the investigation of contaminated land.
- Fully competent at supervising drilling crews on site, trial pitting, logging soils, rock and chalk strata, installation and monitoring of gas/groundwater standpipes and other instrumentation, in-situ testing, contaminated land, removal of soil waste, etc.
- Full UK drivers licence
Sub Surface South East undertakes all the site investigation work for the Sub Surface group over a large area of south east England.
The position involves the day to day organisation, co-ordination, supervision and undertaking of the company’s workload. This includes all aspects; marketing, liaison with and advising clients, design of investigations, tendering, contract documentation, organisation/supervision of sub-contractors and technical staff, site works, production of laboratory testing schedules, final bill measurement etc.
This prestigious position as Contracts Manager of an established company with an excellent reputation within the industry comes with an attractive salary (£35,000 to £42,000 depending on experience), profit sharing, a company vehicle and phone.
For full details of our company, see our web site www.subsurface.co.uk.
If you would like to join our team, please email your CV and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position and your name as the email title.