Sub Surface provides a comprehensive range of Contamination Testing with Reporting Services over the full development cycle at a UKAS and MCERTS accredited laboratory.
Contamination Testing may be necessary at various parts of the development, including for due diligence purposes, as part of the planning conditions, for a Phase 2 Ground Investigation, for Waste Removal from site, as part of a Water Pipeline Risk Assessment or Validation Report.
Contamination Testing Suites at Sub Surface
At Sub Surface, to suit the various Local Authorities requirements we have a comprehensive standard suite for soils, leachates and water at a highly competitive price:
- Sub Surface Suite A – pH and concentrations of sulphate, sulphide, cyanide, arsenic, boron (soluble), cadmium, chromium, hexavalent chromium, copper, lead, mercury, nickel, selenium, zinc, speciated total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPHs) (3 bands), the speciated polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) suite, the benzene/ ethylbenzene/ toluene/ xylene (BTEX) suite and phenols.
- Sub Surface Suite B – as Sub Surface Suite A + TPHs speciated in to aliphatic and aromatic split (16 bands).
In addition to our standard suites, we offer a wide range of Contamination Testing, including:
- Asbestos and Asbestos Quantification
- Soluble Sulphate and PH Value
- Speciated Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) (3 bands)
- Speciated Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon Criteria Working Group (TPH CWG) (16 bands)
- Speciated polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Benzene/ ethylbenzene/ toluene/ xylene (BTEX)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds (SVOCs)
- Poly Chlorinated Bi-Phenyls (PCBs)
- Water Pipeline Risk Assessment Suite
- Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC Testing)
- Pyritic Ground (including Soluble Sulphate and PH Value)
- Chlorinated Solvents
- Pathogens and Bacteria
- Topsoil Classification
We can provide a site specific Contamination Testing Suite of determinants based on the Client/Local Authority/Environment Agency requirements, the Conceptual Ground Model within the Phase 1 Desktop Study and the strata encountered, for each Ground Investigation.
Our experienced Environmental Consultancy at Sub Surface including Chartered Environmental Scientists, Charted Engineers and Chartered Geologists offer a range of environmental risk assessment services to advise if any precautions and/or remedial measures are required. We also have staff with Qualified Person status under the CL:AIRE DoW:CoP.
Whom to Contact
If you would like a quote for Contamination Testing individually or as part of a Full Ground Investigation, please do not hesitate to contact your Regional Sub Surface Office.