Sub Surface offer a fast, reliable and efficient Waste Classification service to facilitate in the correct classification and disposal of waste soil arisings, groundwater and aggregates generated during site clearance and earthworks. Correct classification and zoning of potentially hazardous material can often result in significant savings in waste disposal costs. We can also advise on potential options for Re-Use of Material on or off site.
With landfill tax and hazardous waste gate fees on the rise, accurate delineation of clean material prior to excavation can often significantly reduce disposal costs.
To help our Clients comply with the Environmental Permitting Regulations, reduce disposal costs, and minimise the amount of waste consigned to hazardous landfill we can offer the following:
- A Phase I Desk Study to determine likely sources of contamination and to determine whether persistent organic pollutants (POPs) may be present
- Sampling strategies designed to confidently characterise the material and to determine the presence of any hazardous hotspots which may potentially be handled as a separate waste stream (reducing overall disposal costs)
- Determination of the appropriate LoW/EWC code
- Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC) analyses where appropriate*
* It should be noted that WAC analyses are intended to help the tip operator to understand how the material will behave once landfilled. WAC analyses are not intended to be used for the classification of the waste as hazardous or non-hazardous and the use of WAC analyses in this way will often result in misclassification.
We can also provide advice on potential options for re-using site won materials on or off site under Environmental Permits, the WRAP protocol or the CL:AIRE Definition of Waste Code of Practice
Whom to Contact
If you would like a quote for our Waste Classification services or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Regional Sub Surface Office.