This is an excellent opportunity to join the Geo-Environmental Consultancy within a highly regarded, long established, specialist Ground Investigation group of companies with offices nationwide.
Sub Surface Consultants Limited is the specialist environmental and geotechnical consultancy for the Sub Surface group and is looking for an ambitious Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our Consultancy team based at the Head Office in Preston. We are an independent company within a group specialising in site investigation, environmental and geotechnical consultancy on a wide range of projects.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
- BSc. / M.Sc. in an Environmental related subject.
- Approximately 2 – 7 years experience in contaminated land investigation in the UK.
- A strong technical background in the site investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land.
- Technical Report writing experience of Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 stages of investigation.
- Knowledge of generic and site specific risk assessments (LQM S4UL’s, DEFRA S4UL’s), CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, DQRA’s , landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste soil classification, validation etc.
- Experience and understanding of current UK legislation for contaminated land.
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be useful but not essential.
- Some geotechnical knowledge, particularly with regard to foundation assessment, would be ideal.
- Experience of logging soils to BS5930/Eurocode 7.
- Full UK drivers licence.
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate would be:
- Providing Geo-environmental expertise and advice to the Group’s area offices on a wide range of projects.
- Producing Technical Reports: Phase 1 Desktop Studies, Phase 2 Intrusive Geo-Environmental Reports, Phase 3 Remediation Statements, Phase 4 Validation Reports on a wide range of projects, DQRA’s, waste classification, water pipeline risk assessments etc.
- Liaising with and providing geo-environmental consultancy advice to Clients.
- Liaison with Contaminated Land Officers, Environment Agency etc.
- Designing investigation and remediation schemes.
- Peer review of external reports.
Sub Surface is a long established, highly respected company within the industry, looking to expand in size and the services they offer and this position would provide an excellent opportunity for them to progress their career.
Reply in confidence with a CV via Indeed, email or post or email to:
Indeed: Click to apply via Indeed
Post: Chris Marsden (Managing Director), Sub Surface Consultants Limited, 3 Peel Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2QS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year